Thursday, June 8, 2017

Dandelions


My garden is not really a garden. It's a yard. Actually, it's manicured dirt with some bushes. My house is on a hill, a steep ravine, so the backyard is more of a girls gone wild flower fest with things that bloom on their own time, mostly because it rains about 11 months of the year. The front has trees, bushes, one single rose plant that I bow down to every May, and a couple of rhodos that don't do much. Not compared to the neighbors at least! I live in a gardening jurassic park neighborhood. Peonies are wild, not from Trader Joe's. Lawns are the color of golf courses and daffodils sprout exactly the middle of March to let us know spring is really almost here even if you're wearing a puffy. One of my neighbors has a sign, an adorable little sign, painted by her gardening club that her house is on the "tour".

My garden, yard, area in front of house, does not look like that. It doesn't look bad. It just doesn't look like that. I have tried gardening several times. In the ground, in pots on the front porch, in pots on the back porch. I have a natural interest in flowers, I just don't seem to have a natural interest in GROWING them. Fast forward record scratch over to my dandelions here. My dandelions, my sweet, airy hippie blowing in the wind dandelions, however, are growing so beautifully, so perfectly, I wanted to capture them. They are abundant and healthy. There are more of them every morning when I go outside. I'm oddly happy with them and have no intention (today) of cutting them down. I am a dandelion gardener. I picked some. I blew on a few. I made a wish. Then I painted my wish. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment